AN ODE TO WRITING

10:29

 


I have gone a long while without writing.

I used to love to write for no reason.

I wrote when I was sad

Whether I was happy

Maybe excited or even heartbroken

 

But for a long while now, I struggled

The words didn’t flow like they used to before

The love that words poured out seemed to have faded

I stopped caring about coining words together

I let the gift become docile, redundant, unused…maybe abused.

 

Now, I have decided to begin again.

To write stories that appeal to me

To build tales from no strings to a webbed façade

To spread love through A B C

To cause a smile and a feeling of being seen to those otherwise unseen

 

I am back!

With my words ready to spread life, love and light

I am, through God’s grace, going to receive inspiration

From the giver of all gifts which are good and profitable.

My Jehovah – the One who never does anything in halves.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *