JIB HEARTS AND CRAFTS: CHURCH, ART EXHIBITION AND KULTURE YARD

21:18


Church, Art, Kulture Yard

On Sunday, the 25th of April, I had a full day of activities and you know how I love to share my escapades with you, my loyal readers. It was also pertinent that I post this because the past week has been challenging for Nigerians as the myriad of bad news would cause anyone to feel gloomy and hopeless.

I sincerely hope this burst of colorful events that I went on would cheer you up a little as you continuing praying, believing, and working towards the Nigeria of our dreams.

As I earlier alluded to, the day in the review was a full one for me and I enjoyed every bit of it from church service to an Art exhibition and finally at the restaurant, Kulture Yard. I would write about each experience in sections so you can follow how each activity impacted me.

Enjoy!


CHURCH SERVICE

You already know that I am THE CHURCH GIRL. I love spending time in fellowship with other believers, listening to the word come alive as inspired by the Holy Spirit from a perspective I hadn’t seen prior. This Sunday is noteworthy because the atmosphere in the church was celebratory and music ministration helped me to get in that gratitude state of mind. The church set the tone for how the rest of my day went and I am grateful that I could make service that day.

For those who would like to join us for worship, I worship at The Newspring Church (the youth expression of the Holyghost ChristianCentre). You will be glad you came if you decide to join us for any of our Sunday or Tuesday services.

SILENCE THE NOISE, AN ART EXHIBITION

This was my first art exhibition. Art, painting, and the likes are not my forte so exhibitions are not one of those events that would pique my interest. This exhibition was different and I had to attend because one of the artists whose work displayed is a dear friend that I adore and respect. O.T. Damilola and I went to Uni around the same time but it was the pursuit of the things of God that we still had in our hearts that sort of drew us to each other, years after we first met.


Piece by Iconicevol

@o.tdamilola

Art by @iconicevol

Art by @o.tdamilola

Art by @iconicevol




Anyway, I discovered that exhibitions weren’t such a bad thing o because my creative juices started flowing as I considered each piece of art that was on display. My mind opened up and the paintings, words, and ambiance spoke to me in a way that I didn’t anticipate. I am going to attend more art exhibitions here on out so watch out for me at the next one, would you? *inserts winks*


LUNCH AT KULTURE YARD

To wrap up the evening, I had made an appointment/date to meet up with one of my friends at this spot that I learned was like a spot for Christians to come and chill with gospel music playing in the background and the vibes encouraging that soulfulness that comes with the presence of God. Anyhoo, my expectations were quite high as I approached the venue till entering the space and seeing the veteran gospel artiste, Buchi (who I learned owns the establishment), the African décor, games, and equipment set up. I was still hyped as we quickly found a friendly and courteous waitress, Peace, who attended to us nicely (ask for her when you visit) and placed our order.










The ambiance didn’t reflect the “Christian” space that was implied when I heard about the place, except for the gospel music played, the pictures of some Christian legends such as Leah Sharibu hanging on a wall and it being run by a Christian, it’s not so different from a regular casual restaurant/bar for an evening with friends. They have a ‘play mart’ with swings, table tennis, and the equipment I sat on in the picture below, it didn’t have a ‘children friendly’ vibe in my opinion.

There was a wide range of things to eat from restaurant options to a shawarma stand, a grill and barbecue station, a snacks stand but I felt the drinks options were limited. I found out that soft drinks have been particularly scarce this past weekend maybe that is the reason for their Coca-cola and Fanta only option. Even the mocktails available were Chapman and another mango-themed one whose name I can’t recall now. For those who drink, I didn’t see any wines (because the menu was been “updated” we didn’t get any) but I saw cans of beer if that is your thing.

When the food arrived, the portion was small and the food wasn’t as tasty as others that I have had but I was very hungry so I finished my afang soup - that looked and tasted like regular vegetable soup o. My friend had grilled chicken with fried rice and it didn’t even look good enough for me to attempt to taste, then again the portion was small. (Forgot to take pictures of our food because I was hungry🤦🏽‍♀️😩)

I would like to visit again when I am not as hungry and hope the food taste matches with the beautiful customer service we received.

 


In all, I enjoyed the day, including my time at Kulture Yard, because of my friend as we laughed, bantered, and caught up on the happenings in each other’s lives the past month.

Let me know how your Sunday went, what you feel about art exhibitions, and your first time at Kulture Yard in the comments below.

Thank you for reading, kindly share this post and STAY SAFE!.


All pictures were taken by me!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *