JIB CRAFTS: THE GRID LAGOS

14:36


 


Hey sweetums!!!

How are you all doing?

Trust your week is up to a great start?

I had fun over the weekend so I decided to share a part of that with you. You know how we do now. 😉😉😉

My experience at The Soul Food Restaurant was amazing (click here to read all about it) so I decided to check out another restaurant.

I visited this beautiful restaurant on Opebi called The Grid and I've brought you some tea from my experience there.



There's something I've noticed about restaurants nowadays and I hope I'm wrong. They spend so much time making sure that the restaurant looks good for the gram that a lot of things are usually slacking. Which was the impression I had about this restaurant.








I don't know if it's because we went on a Saturday evening and they had a lot to do but the service was poor.

First the sitting arrangement has few tables for 2. Most were set up for 4 and above. My friend and I were asked to sit at the same table as random people that we hadn't met or go to the bar outside which also had tables for 4. People were waiting for those on the tables for 2 to be done so they could move to those tables. If you're not a group of 4, privacy may be difficult here. 


After settling in, we placed our orders and were informed by our courteous waiter that the other would be ready in 30 minutes. 

Then the wait began. We gisted and gisted, until we were tired. After about an hour, I went to the counter inside the restaurant to complain. They had obviously forgotten our order. Maybe it was the rush, which I think could have been managed properly if they understood their rush hours.



After another 30 minutes, we finally received our food. Honestly, I've had a lot better than the fried rice and chicken I ordered. The chicken wasn't fresh neither was any of the food well seasoned. My friend’s fiesta rice was just as bland. 


Fried Rice with Spicy Chicken


Fiesta (Feaster) Rice



Maybe I'll go back there on a week day to be sure I'm not been unfair to them. 


The pricing is around average and the portions quite sizeable. They have nice walls, beautiful interior, and exterior decor so you can take nice pictures.







As I said, I'm willing to visit the grid again to allow them to prove me wrong. 

Have you visited @thegridlagos?

Was your experience different? 

Please share in the comment below.

.

❤️

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *