JIB Inspiration: Lessons From Brunch With Mrs Black

14:46

JIB Inspiration: Lessons From Brunch With Mrs Black

Hey Sweetums!!!!!!!
Happy new month and cheers to the best week we’ve ever experienced YET.

I am excited to share these lessons from “Brunch With Mrs Black” because I am still reeling from the passion and love for Christ I witnessed in other young ladies. The knowledge gleaned also went a long way to affirm for me things that I already knew and cleared the air on the issues I had doubts about. 
I am very sure that the other 19 ladies share the same thoughts and excitement too.

First off, let me explain how I came to attend this amazing session and learn from Mrs Bunmi George (AKA Mrs Black) alongside her friends Funto Ibuoye and Bisi Ola-Soetan. I was jejely going through my instagram and saw the picture above appeared on my timeline. When I saw the part that the number of ladies was just 20, I sharply sent the email to indicate my interest. 
To my utmost delight, I got an email informing me that I had been selected to be one of the 20 ladies who would have brunch with Mrs Black. 

Now that I have shared how I was chosen, let’s get right into the lessons learned, shall we?

"DISCLAIMER: I wrote this post based on my understanding of all that was shared at this event and hereby, take sole responsibility for the content therein. All three ladies answered these questions and more, the post was culled from my jottings of their collective input"

JIB Inspiration: Lessons From Brunch With Mrs Black
Bunmi George (Mrs Black)

Q: How should I leave the known for the unknown? Is there anyone better out there?

A: The real question should be “Do you trust God?” Do you have faith that God has great plans for you and I? Let’s bear in mind that the Bible says whoever shall make sacrifices for God shall be rewarded here on earth and in heaven too. 
If as Christians, we truly really do trust God, then we would know that He has got us covered all through both known and unknown, familiar and strange terrains of life’s journey. 

Q: Will I truly have it all in a man? Are my standards in line with God’s will for my life?

A: This again points to how much we truly trust God. Why shouldn’t you have all that you ask for through Christ Jesus? Why shouldn’t your heart desires be granted?
The truth is God actually goes beyond our imaginations so quit trying to ‘box’ God up . That is not to say that we should be too hung up on so called standards or physical appearance, instead, we should also entrust the issue of meeting the perfect mate to God.  Especially because it is God who orchestrates the meeting of a man and his wife; if you are truly a Christian, you can never miss what God has planned for you. 

JIB Inspiration: Lessons From Brunch With Mrs Black
Funto Ibuoye

Q: How do I handle the temptation to give in to sex before marriage?

A:  It’s not the temptation to give in to sex alone o, it also includes maintaining sexual purity in our hearts too. 
As Christians, we have NO business having sex outside marriage. 
Handling this temptation really all happens in the mind, get your mind off it. You should also create boundaries that your partner agrees to, whether they are Christian brothers or not. 
It is not about meeting in church or not, it is really about embracing God and living according to His statutes. 
We need to understand that it is sin to engage in sexual activities before marriage, even the Bible stipulates that one of the most grievous sins is the sin against one’s body which is the temple of God. 
So create boundaries, don’t create situations where you are alone for too long and make the decision to honour God in your relationship too.

JIB Inspiration: Lessons From Brunch With Mrs Black
Olabisi Ola-Soetan

Q: What is stopping you from chasing God?

  i. Going through tough times as Christians 

Ai: Going through challenges or tough times doesn’t mean that God doesn’t love us. God loves us as much as He loves Jesus Christ so experiencing trials does not mean we are not being punished or undeserving of His love. Instead, we should look for the blessings in our valleys and praise Him during the storm because there is a lesson for that season. 
We also need to stop basing the goodness of God on the seeming failings or difficulties we may encounter; instead keep acknowledging His sovereignty in spite of the challenges. 
JIB Inspiration: Lessons From Brunch With Mrs Black

   ii. I  don’t feel the fire/passion like I did before

Aii: This comes when we may have fallen short or sinned against God, sin is usually accompanied with guilt and this guilt hinders continued fellowship with God. This guilt is of the devil as God doesn’t hold our sins or mistakes over our heads in judgment. 
When we fall short, we should ask for forgiveness and continue to enjoy the fellowship with God because He is faithful and just to forgive us.

Also, Christians should not be too accustomed to routines and schedules, as God is not impressed by that. The fact that you didn't read the Bible this morning or pray for 1 hour shouldn't cause you to feel as though, God isn't there for fellowship the rest of the time.  
He would love to have us fellowship with Him every minute of every day; so we ought to endeavour to keep our spirits aligned to His as we go about our business throughout the day. 
It is, however, important in our walk with Christ to build this fellowship deliberately and intentionally so that it would become our lifestyle. 
Fellowship with God doesn’t only help us to be better Christians but it also improves our perception of God as He is revealed to us clearly. 

JIB Inspiration: Lessons From Brunch With Mrs Black
Spot my head and brows. 

I know this post was quite lengthy but I truly hope it helps your fellowship with God just like it has helped mine. This session opened my eyes and understanding to how trusting and placing my focus on the things of God is how to truly have peace and joy in every thing else.

Don’t read this alone, please share it so someone else can be blessed..

CREDITS
Pictures: Instagram.com 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *