JIB HEARTS AND CRAFTS: SEVENTH TIME AT OFADA BOY, PERFECTION?

20:58

Hello Sweetums,

How are you all doing these days?

Please put your hand up if you still live in Nigeria because the exodus that has been happening from the beginning of this year has been very loud. 

Anyhoo, for those of us who are still here and are interested in visiting an affordable, African - themed, Naija fusion restaurant, I have a review for you. 





This was about the sixth or seventh time that I would go to Ofada Boy restaurant and for the life of me, I do not know why I had not written about my experience here. 

Since the last time I was there in November last year, the decor has been spiced up nicely and things around the picture area had gotten a face lift. 

One thing that has stayed the same though - wait! make that two things that have been unchanged are:

1.Affordablility: How affordable the meals at Ofada Boy have consistently been when compared to other restaurants around that side of town. The portions are large enough to fill you and the proteins that accompany each meal have always met my expectations. My friend and I spent a little less than 12, 000 naira for our ofada rice variants, two bottles of the berry blast drink and a bottle of water. We wanted mocktails but they had power issues so they couldn't make the drinks. 




2. Service Time: Over time, this has gotten worse in my opinion. We waited for over an hour to get our meals. The waiters get your orders almost immediately you find a comfortable place to sit, however, the wait for the order to be delivered is LOOOONNNNGGGGGGG. When we complained to the manager, he said it was due to rush hour, how the meals were made from scratch and they had pending orders before we got there. Like I said this was not my first visit but the last visit was definitely the worst I have experienced yet. It took so long that my friend and I ran out of what to talk about as the discussion that caused us to schedule the lunch date was done within 15 minutes. 

My advice to anyone who loves the food here or would like to visit this restaurant, DO NOT GO THERE HUNGRY. Please have a snack in your bag or find out their off-peak hours - went there on a Sunday afternoon around 1 pm - and go there for an amazing time. 




Regular/Signature Ofada Rice



Vegetable, gizzards and stock fish mixed Ofada Rice. 
(Can't remember the fancy name on the menu)

 Did you have a different experience when you visited Ofada Boy?

Let me know if your experience was different in the comment section.




CREDITS:

My lovely Dress: 1001 Styling

I OWN THE CREDITS TO THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS USED IN THIS BLOGPOST

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *