JIB HEARTS: TAIYE AND YEMI'S BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

10:33

JIB HEARTS: TAIYE AND YEMI"S BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY


Happy NEW YEAR!!! 😍😍💫🙋🙌

How have you all been? I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here, that's because
I had to face some challenges..including laptop getting drowned... among other things.

But you know we are survivors, innit?! 🙌

So today, I bring you the concluding part of the love story of the couple who literally broke the internet in November. They had the most amazing wedding party; from the gorgeous dress to handing out gifts to the bride's moment with her twin to the first look...the RECEPTION was LIT! #TYTHEKNOT2016 was indeed glorious and I am excited to share a little more of what made this amazing couple's relationship led to marriage. (Click here and here for older posts)

JIB HEARTS: TAIYE AND YEMI"S BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

The most challenging part of your relationship and how you worked it out?

Bride: The most challenging part of our relationship was the distance which made communication difficult. Because we didn't see each other initially, it was hard to figure his habits or what he meant in texts whether it was a joke or not. Sometimes, I would be upset at things he text because I took it out of context. So I learned to ask about everything. What did you mean?! How did you mean it? 
We saw each other on six occasions before we actually got married so social media was our best friend. At times, I would come from work and call him on skype and we would just be in each other's company while he worked or I cooked or took a nap; it made it feel like he was always there. I would rather hang out with him on my laptop then go anywhere. That's how we made it work. 
Setting aside time to be in each other's company EVERDAY  no matter what. Then when we finally met at the end of September last year, and every time we met after that we just continued to understand each other more and grow closer together. 

Groom: That would have to be the distance as Taiye lives in Abu Dhabi and I live in London. It was a challenge as being in a relationship isn't easy when you can't see the person you're with. However we made it work over social media and trips back and forth.

JIB HEARTS: TAIYE AND YEMI"S BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

That advice that actually worked for you in building your relationship?

Bride: Pray about everything. Nothing is too small to go to God about, especially as the woman. And don't assume you know why your partner did or said a certain thing or even that he or she said it intentionally. Take time to understand each other and know your temperaments and love languages; this way, you can begin to understand perspective. Don't take advice from everyone, know what works for the both of you. 

Groom: To have patience and to be as understanding

JIB HEARTS: TAIYE AND YEMI"S BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

Advice to couples struggling in their relationships?

Bride: Learn how to fight. Sounds odd, I know but having arguments is inevitable. Take time to learn how to listen to each other and respond with love. Of course, share your feelings and understand that you two are from completely different backgrounds. Understanding that will help understand the reactions. So you are not going tit for tat in your relationship or seeing who can give the biggest insult. Understand that your partner will be upset; sometimes you may have to leave it and come back to it but never let things linger. The relationship is sweeter when you both are on good terms. 
Don't be afraid to drop it either; as my husband would say, it's not saying sorry to sweep it under the rug or even because you're the one at fault, but at times saying sorry is to keep the peace because you see your partner isn't seeing eye to eye or won't drop the matter. 

Groom: Take time to understand each other, it would also be great to know your partner's temperaments as that has really helped me.

JIB HEARTS: TAIYE AND YEMI"S BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

Most memorable moment(s) of your wedding day?

Bride: To be completely honest each moment from the time I stepped into America until the final celebration on December 18th was absolutely incredible. I can't and I won't try to pick one moment. It was like something out of a dream. In fact, our entire journey has been dream-like and continues to be. I can't tell you how that wedding turned out so perfect ( in my eyes anyway ) all I can say is God gets the glory. I think because I'm so grateful to God for this man he has placed in my life, every moment of our journey and especially the wedding I was simply amazed and awe stricken. I think I smiled the entire weekend. Even in my sleep. 

Groom: Too many to choose from but I loved the kissing challenge, the first dance, the entrance of the couple, I can go on. LOL

JIB HEARTS: TAIYE AND YEMI"S BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY

Awwwww!

I won't lie that I love this couple and have being crushing on them ever since I learned their story. Isn't it amazing how they are proof that God is love? They saw each other physically only SIX times and now they are married. Just wait on God, fam! He knows how to do you right, I tell you.

JIB wishes #TAY a wonderful life together in the will and purpose of God. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *