DailyPills: God Is My Source by Smokie Norful

08:27

Anchor Song: God Is My Source
Artist: Smokie Norful
URL: http://tinyurl.com/zeex7qo

How do you feel when you see someone come up with an idea or concept similar to something you have in mind/been working on? It may even be in the office, let's say there's an assignment to come up with a solution for a client and you find out a colleague is doing something similar to yours, will you be happy for that person or something within you wishes the person gets it wrong.

While thinking along these lines recently, it occurred to me that it seems my first response when I'm in such a situation is wishing the other person comes up with something inferior to mine, and I have to consciously change my mind. Maybe you have a more righteous mind than I do, and you don't feel like that, but I do, until I consciously retune my mind.

I think the problem is the fact that somewhere in our subconscious, we think God can't make two people exceptional at the same time. Though we won't accept this consciously, but our actions often infer that God doesn't have enough resources to support two people for something big at the same time, one has to be less than the other. However, this question came into my mind, if God can support both Daddy Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo to such great heights  in the same country, what makes you think He can't support you and someone else at the highest level of excellence.

2 Chronicles 16:9a - For the eyes of the Lord search back and forth across the whole earth, looking for people whose hearts are perfect toward him, so that he can show his great power in helping them[TLB].

I think we miss out on God's power when we let our hearts wonder towards wishing evil for others for selfish reasons. I don't think a tree in the forest will have a problem with the height of another tree close by. So I know every temptation to beef another person's success is an attempt to get our eyes off God as our source, and I hope you won't let that happen, 'cos I won't. God Bless You!

[Please follow this link to like ‘Daily Pills’ on facebook: http://tinyurl.com/o7w6zob ]

#DailyPills #Devotional #Inspiration   #GoodMusic

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *