JIB HEARTS: Through The Beholder's Lens

05:50

JIB HEARTS: Through The Beholder's Lens
Hey folks!
Hope you're doing alright?  I'm good and excited for December.
*inserts screams*


Hope you are gearing up for the holidays too?
Well I travelled in the first week in November for my friend Antoinette's traditional wedding in faraway Ag(h)enebode, Edo state. I went by road so the trip was truly a long one.

Things we do for love *sighs*

Speaking about love, the pictures in this post got me thinking about the essence of love and how it's important to look for beauty in the most unlikely places. Love opens the beholder's eyes and mind to limitless possibilities, opportunities too.
This was the case with photographer and videographer, Joey who is a mutual friend of Antoinette's, who looked at the seemingly scrawny village kids and made a lovely portrait of them.

First, they were two while the third hurriedly came to join them; so the  three struck a pose when he beckoned to them. They were glad to be his models as it made them feel included in the ongoing ceremony. I learned to look for good in any situation from this first act.

JIB HEARTS: Through The Beholder's Lens

Then three became five...Joey just calmly rearranged them so they were not in the way or obstructive. Joey patiently took shots of these kids that shows rosy cheeks and excited smiles. He didn't turn around when the others joined; he included them in this second picture. I learned patience from this act; I learned that no one is a nuisance just by how they look.
JIB HEARTS: Through The Beholder's Lens

I think the rest of the group were encouraged by the fact that the two who joined the first three were not turned away; Joey once again moved them to a new "studio" site to accommodate his new friends. Excited little village kids took to their spot and smiled for the camera.
I learned that people are watching you; either to befriend you or to give you wahala, either way, just be true to yourself. I also learned that love is attractive; the number of models grew because they saw acceptance where they expected rebuke.

I know so much about these pictures because I stood there watching all this unfold. I would have shooed them and sent them out of the arena; but the beholder saw more than disturbance. The beholder saw beauty and an opportunity to make these kids smile.

I could connect this to the power of photography too but that's a post for another day.


Go follow the accounts on IG, you won't regret it.

#ThePowerOfPhotography
#Love
#JoyIjehonBlog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *