YOUR PRAYERS ARE NOT USELESS!!!

19:29

YOUR PRAYERS ARE NOT USELESS!!!

Since my friend introduced me to Ravi Zacharias Ministries a few weeks ago, I’ve listened to his podcasts as often as I can. 
I listened to one today and he shared a story about a soldier whose commanding officer had told him to go and bring the bodies of his fallen comrades while bullets were flying around the area. 


The soldier kept glancing at his watch, then the field where the billets were still flying back to his commander’s face for several minutes, yet he didn’t move.
After what seemed like moments of outright disobedience, this soldier took a last glance at his wristwatch and then ran onto the battle field where the battle was still raging with bullets flying all around and started carrying the bodies of wounded soldiers to safety.

When the fight had subsided and most of the soldiers had been cleared out of harm’s way, someone asked this soldier why he kept looking at his wristwatch. 
The soldier replied, “I don’t know God and when I received the order, I didn’t have any courage in me to go out of the shell hole we were in. But my mother told me, before I left home, that at a particular time  of every day, she would be praying for me. When I looked at my watch, it was a few minutes to the time. I know if I went in while my mother was praying for me, then no matter what happened as I went across the field, I would be alright.”

That’s not a direct transcript so I paraphrased but I’ll add the link here so you can listen to the podcast to confirm the story.

I shared that story with you to say, if in these times we are in, all you can do is pray;  PLEASE PRAY!
I don’t expect you to hold a camera up while praying or post on social media that you’re praying so it’s okay when people are screaming at you or shaming you because your voice on the streets isn’t as loud as theirs.

Just continue praying. 

Praying is speaking with God so you are still speaking, don’t STOP!
It’s admirable to carry placards and jump on the frontlines with every one else but it doesn’t mean you, by praying, aren’t doing enough.

The Bible says that the effective fervent prayer of the righteous avails much.

So, dear believer, if praying to God to heal our lands, expose all evil doers, cause justice to prevail, heal everyone who has been and is being hurt in these dark days is all you find yourself able to do; THEN YOU ARE DOING A LOT! We really need God to intervene right now, more than ever.

Nobody has to know, either. 

Remember, men will forget the days that they applauded you but when God applauds you, men will never forget!

Credits:
Image: @Pinterest

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *