A Trip Down Memory Lane: One Loss, Too Much

13:58



At the beginning of the year, when I wrote the first post about a loved one who had gone to be with the Lord, I didn't know where the journey would lead or how it would turn out.
I received what would be the rudest shock of my life when I learned about the demise of my sister's godmother, our auntie, mentor, cheerleader and family friend in April.

After the news, it was difficult to write anything else or even go right back to the series because this loss was a huge one for me, my family and church community.
Although, I feel that I didn't do enough to show her how much she meant to me in the final weeks leading to her death. My joy, however, is that I was able to do post in 2016 to show her exactly how much she meant to me.
Here is a note on my relationship and love for my darling Auntie Moji (circa 2016)


"Most people who know my family or are friends with my sister and I at the least, must have heard about Auntie Moji at one time or the other. She attends our church, the HolyGhost Christian Centre and she serves in the Children/Teen's Church. My sister befriended her first but Auntie Moji has become like family to us, even my dad recognizes how important she has become to us.
This woman is one of the most generous and selfless persons I've been fortunate enough to know. Sometimes, I am motivated to give more because of how she continues to give of her resource, time and money to those she encounters. The fact that she is a giver doesn't mean she is a walk over...nope, not at all. This woman has a back of steel and won't hesitate to speak the truth in what ever situation she finds herself. LOL! More than 90 percent of the kids, teenagers and even young adults who have passed through the Junior Church have all experienced the firm lash of her tongue at one time or the other.
Auntie Moji is hardworking and a planner extraordinaire..give her any task, event or function to execute and you will get all that you asked for and much more. The party that she plans is the party you want to be at.. *winks* 

Her negotiating ability and the keen sense which helps her fish out the shops with the best deals is just AMAZE-BALLS and has equipped her with the intuitive business sense which is obvious in the success of her ventures.

Here is the part that gets me over and again! Based on the fact that she is the self appointed godmother to my sister and aunt to the rest of my family, we have a close relationship. In most of my visits, our conversations always find their way toward our christian faith. You see fam, Mrs Mojirola "Femoji" Oremosu is a devote Christian who has deeply rooted her existence firmly in the Solid Rock of Ages, Jesus Christ. You need to see how passionate she gets when she shares her experiences as a Christian; she just almost drifts into a world of her own when she describes the amazing love of God, of her fellowship with the Holy Spirit and the amazing way Jesus keeps showing up for her. Like she serving in the Junior Church for example, she said God told her in the place of prayer that she should build her ministry in the children church. So all attempts to get her to change her mind fell to naught because her faith in God is steadfast like that.

On my 17th day of gratitude, I am grateful to God for this woman of God whose strenght is admirable and impact so strong it's tangible in the lives of members and alumni of the Junior Church of the HolyGhost Christian Centre. I am grateful for how you've kept your gaze on God through all of life's challenges, how you keep encouraging others in their faith, bring smiles in your sarcastic remarks and never cease to touch lives with your gifts.

I love you long time, ma'am..."


I’m grateful that I wrote this when you could read it. I’m glad that you knew my heart and knew that I love you.

You’re mother to me here, now you’ve become my guardian angel too.
Thank you!

They said no matter how hard we cry our tears won’t bring you back.
Hmmm! They misunderstand

They think we’re crying because you're no longer with us; however, our tears are mostly for ourselves;
For the things we never got to do for you, for the seeds you didn’t see germinate, for the ceremonies you wouldn’t attend

Who will make sure everyone eats at my wedding now?
Who will ask me “What did God tell you”?
Who will tease Bro Femi till we laugh till our belly hurts?
Which human will ever be like you,
Offer herself wholly like you
Who else???!!!

So you see, Auntie Moji, the tears are just a reflection of the loss that words can’t quantify. Thank you so much for all that words can not say, all that eyes never saw, all that ears may never hear because you loved God and you fulfilled purpose.

Hmmm!
This is definitely the most difficult thing I have had to write in my life so far.

.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *