ATAP FARMS...run by young farmercists!!!

04:52

ATAP FARMS...run by young farmercists!!!

Due to the recession, Nigeria has been advised to venture into other areas to invest in. Our entrepreneur today already studied the times before recession set in and implemented this advise
before it became a popular opinion.
He is young, hardworking and entreprising; and unlike a lot of young people who would be embarrassed, he is proud of being a "FARMERCIST" like he calls himself.

Enjoy this piece and be inspired to become a farmer!

ATAP FARMS

Introduction?
I am Joshua Bolarinwa, a 500 level student of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB). A native of Ekiti State - the fountain of knowledge in Nigeria. 
A man of many shades, I am the Director of ATAP FARMS and with so much passion for agriculture, I also manage farms for people while also marketing agricultural produce from my farm. I'm a member of Africa Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE), In my spare time, I enjoy travelling, hanging out with friends and cooking.

ATAP FARMS

About my business?
ATAP FARMS started as GREEN PASTURE FARMS. The abrupt change of name was due to the logistics associated with registration of business name with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). 
To save time and recurring expenses, one important thing before attempting to register a business name is to have more than one business name in mind for the registration in case the preferred option is unavailable. In my case, prior to registration, I had gone online to make enquiry of what it takes to register a business and prepared an alternative accordingly – ATAP FARMS. I was in a deep thought when it dropped to my mind. Eventually, my most preferred option - GREEN PASTURE FARMS - was unavailable but since I had a backup, I took up the option. ATAP is an abridged form of "All Things Are Possible"
In ATAP FARMS, we consult for people, we help manage farms and we also teach agriculture to both the skilled and unskilled.

ATAP FARMS

Why Farming?
The FARMS kicked into gear in my third year in the University because of the challenges I was having with academics. I was putting in so much, yet the results were not as commensurate. I wasn’t enjoying school any longer and I became demotivated. Writing e-exams were akin to automatic subpar performances. 
So, in my third year, I decided to take up the unenviable challenge of combining business with schooling as there was no difference between some of my colleagues who did not come to class regularly and myself with all the commitment to academics. Ever since, it seems divine as though God intentionally wanted me to start something so he decided to bring the challenges to push me. 

ATAP FARMS

Overcoming Challenges?
The road has not been smooth especially combining business with academics, sometimes I have to skip lecture periods for business activities but I ensure I inform friends of my movements so that they could keep me updated and help with attendance whenever possible. I have however made it a point of duty to meet up whenever I am available.
A sister-challenge is availability in person on the farm to supervise how work is being carried out. Most on-field workers do not have integrity; many times they claim to have completed the tasks assigned to them but in the real sense, they may not have touched it at all or they may have left it half way. I have been able to surmount this challenge by making sure I suspend work that requires my attention till I am available and as much as I can I make sure I am available whenever work needs to be done on the farm

ATAP FARMS

ATAP FARMS

Isn't it amazing? You really need to support this business by investing, promoting and sharing this post: 

For more details, please reach the Farmercist via:
Phone Number: 07057910299
Facebook: Atap Farms
Instagram: Atap Farms


#JIBEntrepreneurialSeries
#JIBCrafts
#Farmercist
#StudEntrepreneur

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *