JIB ENTREPRENEUR: Brenda Olatunji of Brens Pieces

23:15


Brens Pieces


The urge to fill a need, help others through offering of quality good and excellent services are some of the reasons why SMEs are created. The amazing people who put in the work though....they are the
real MVPs because it is not enough to say you want to do something, going ahead to achieve said feats could takes a lot of courage.
Today we bring to you, Mrs Brenda Olatunji who started part of her business after been scammed. It's a short but interesting read..

Enjoy!

Brens Pieces

My Business and I?
I am Mrs Brenda Olatunji, a young Christian lady and owner of Bren's Pieces. At Bren's Pieces,  we offer the following services:
- Weaving and selling of Aso-oke ( for retail, Aso-ebi purposes and for individuals), 
- Akwa-ocha (individuals), 
- Fabrics(Aso-ebi packaging) and 
- Rings(Engagement/Proposals and Wedding rings). 
Our watchword is affordability and quality. 

Brens Pieces

How it all began?
The Akwa-ocha and Aso-oke business idea came when we were sourcing for outfits for my grandmother's burial who was a Delta-Ibo woman married to my Yoruba grandfather. We wanted our outfits to showcase both cultures, so we used Aso-oke as headtie and Akwa-ocha for wrappers but still dressed in the Ibo attire with a touch of Yoruba. During and after the burial, people loved and made enquiries about what we wore from me since I was the one that put everything together. Then I keyed into that aspect and started the business of Aso-oke and Akwa-ocha. 
My wedding came and I sourced for fabrics myself, got people to help pack the fabrics with the aso-oke and I knew God was telling me what to do because I've been praying for direction. The rings, I was scammed on instagram by one Mahin Nosa Itotoi of Diamond events. Then I decided to source for manufacturers of the rings in order to get it a cheaper price for myself and possibly resell some.
That was what inspired the birth of Bren Pieces.

Major Challenge(s)?
In the aspect of challenges I'll say funds and getting a good location for business. But we give glory to God, He's been faithful. 
Brens Pieces

Striking a balance?
Work hasn't been too demanding maybe because it's what I love doing and my husband has been very supportive. My husband and my passion for what I do are my motivators; he'll tell me when I'm down that I should remember why I started, my goal and he never ceases to remind me that he'll always be there for me... also with God all will be well. 

Apprentices/Trainees?
For apprentices I have people helping for now, but when I get a good location for my business because I work from home for now then I'll get more apprentices. 
Brens Pieces

Advice to Upcoming Entrepreneurs?
As an upcoming entrepreneur too, I'll say we should not focus on the money aspect alone but our objective, the main reason for starting the business. With perseverance, determination, patience and the help of God, we will make it.

Contact Details
WhatsApp/Call: 08100526415
BBM: 7BBBE396
Instagram: @brenspieces

#BrenPieces
#JIBCrafts
#EntrepreneurialSeries
#WomenEntrepreneur

If you would also like your business to be featured on here, please send an email to joyijehon@gmail.com or just leave a comment below and I'll get to you

*hugs and knuckles*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *